Controlling Assets And Life Care Decisions With Estate Planning
Estate planning is a life planning tool that allows clients to make decisions about their estate, finances, and health in the event of death or incapacitation. Clients throughout north Georgia and the Atlanta metro area trust the dedicated attorneys at Boling Rice LLC to develop estate planning strategies tailored to their unique needs.
Elements Of An Estate Plan
We recognize that estate plan needs differ greatly based on the specifics of each client; a one-size-fits-all approach does not work. Our lawyers design estate plans around the needs and priorities of individuals, carefully formulating a plan that securely passes on assets and minimizes tax consequences when possible.
Our firm assists clients with the creation and implementation of estate plan documents and tools, including:
- Wills: A record used to designate the beneficiaries who will inherit property.
- Power of attorney: A document appointing a person to manage financial duties in the event of incapacitation.
- Advance health care directive: A written directive specifying a person to make health care decisions in the event of incapacitation and outlining end of life and health care treatment preferences.
- Trusts: An estate planning tool that allows a grantor to pass on assets to beneficiaries, often outside of probate. A trust may be a good strategy to avoid probate and estate taxes. Trusts are also useful to provide ongoing financial assistance to someone with special needs or a treasured pet.
- Business succession plans: An operational plan for ownership and management succession for business owners.
Develop A Plan For The Future
To schedule a consultation with one of our estate planning attorneys, please call our office at 770.887.3162 or send our team an email using our online contact form. We serve clients throughout North Georgia and metro Atlanta area.